Thursday, December 20, 2012

An Untitled Poem

For my first post I decided to pick my favorite poem out of all of the ones I've written. I wrote this during the summer of 2010 and I still haven't come up with a name for it. I hope that you like it.


Time keeps moving on
But I am stuck in place
They say life will get better
Just have a little faith
But I can’t tell who really cares
Are they real or are they fake?
I know when everything falls apart
It can be hard to take
But you must remain steady
Do not let them make you shake
Keep those tears inside your eyes
Don’t let them see you break
The world that we live in is hard
It is not for the weak
Don’t lose hope while you’re locked away
Because one day you will be free
It seems some people are here to learn
But some are here to teach
Don’t get too far ahead of yourself
But don’t be scared to break the leash
They say that happiness isn’t far away
It’s there within my reach
But if it’s really right in front of me
Why can’t it be seen?

1 comment: